SKyPAC will host a press conference on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the SKyPAC Lobby to announce the 3rd Annual Gingerbread Homes for the Arts Festival, presented by Jim Johnson Nissan. Scheduled for November 13 – 18, 2017, the Festival continues its growth with new features, including the opportunity to win a trip to New York City with tickets to Hamilton or a brand new vehicle from Jim Johnson Nissan.
The Gingerbread House Contest is the core of the Festival. Amateurs, professionals, businesses, school groups, church groups, etc. are invited to enter their own creations. The houses are delivered on Monday, November 13 to be displayed throughout the week while being professionally judged and then voted on by the public. A week-long series of events and activities for all ages, the Festival provides engaging entertainment while also generating financial support for SKyPAC’s work in arts programming and arts education throughout the year.
Festival highlights are as follows:
- Gingerbread Homes for the Arts Contest – Application & guidelines available online
- Tuesday, November 14, Cocktail Evening
- Thursday, November 16, School Day Performance – Holiday Songs: Music from Around the World
- Friday, November 17, ”Spice Up the Night” Chef Competition & Dinner
- Saturday, November 18, Community Day –Entertainment, decorate gingerbread houses, artists, Gingerbread Home Contest winners, and more
- Raffle: Win a choice of Nissan’s Maxima, Frontier, or Pathfinder – Win a trip for two to NYC, including Broadway tickets for Hamilton, a 2 night stay, and roundtrip airfare
For more information about Festival activities, entries, and tickets, please visit TheSKyPAC.com or call 270-904-5000.